The mission of Villa Park Youth Baseball & Softball is to provide a safe and competitive environment for players to learn and enjoy the game of baseball and fast pitch softball. The program was established to educate and train in the proper skills of baseball and softball while promoting advancement in our local travel league(s). Dedicated volunteer coaches will facilitate our athletes’ growth through development of baseball and softball skills, instilling core life values of character, integrity, confidence, self-esteem and sportsmanship. Our teams will promote our values both on and off the field. On the field, we will strive to do our best while, off the field, we will strive to be an outstanding community citizen. In all situations, we will represent ourselves and our community with the utmost respect.
- Educate player’s baseball and softball skills and in-game knowledge for education and further advancement.
- Instill the importance of a value system that develops positive role models.
- For athletes to appreciate the values of positive attitude, confidence, team concept, hard work and self-discipline.
- To develop and maintain a program which will serve to improve and develop the athletic abilities of each athlete.
- Maintain an atmosphere in the softball program, which will encourage growth mentally, physically, socially, and morally in each athlete.
- For athletes to learn and demonstrate sportsmanship while in a competitive program.
- For athletes to have the will to compete and the desire to win.
- To learn the game! To love the game!